Job alternation leave is an arrangement whereby, in agreement with his or her employer, a full-time employee takes job alternation leave and the employer hires a person registered as an unemployed job seeker with the Employment and Economic Development Office, for the duration of the leave.

Job alternation compensation

You can claim job alternation compensation for the duration of your job alternation leave. Such compensation is 70 per cent of the unemployment allowance you would be entitled to during a period of unemployment.

Unemployment funds pay job alternation compensation to their members. Send your job alternation compensation claim to your unemployment fund at the beginning of your leave. Before you take job alternation leave, check with your unemployment fund that you meet the condition of having worked for 20 years.

If you are not a member of an unemployment fund, you can claim job alternation compensation from Kela.


TE Office information pack for job seekers and employers

Job Alteration Leave

Sivu päivitetty viimeksi 07.01.2016

Yleiset kirjanmerkit