Local government pilot on emploment
Local government pilot seeks to improve employment services
In the local government pilot one third of TE Offices’ clients will receive their employment services from the municipality. 118 municipalities take part in the pilot, forming 25 pilot ares.
The purpose of the local government pilot is to try to offer better services to jobseekers by arranging them through municipalities. The pilot will begin on 1 March 2021 and end on 30 June 2023.
During the pilot the municipality will be responsible for a large part of the services normally managed by the TE Office. These include services to jobseekers and the promotion of employment. The pilot areas also make statements to unemployment funds and Kela on the eligibility to earnings-related unemployment allowance or Kela’s unemployment benefits.
If your services are transferred
If your services are transferred to local government pilot, you will receive a letter or a notification at the TE Office’s e-service. In such cases:
- Follow the instructions you receive from the local government. Activity instructed by the local government is obligatory. This means that failing to follow the local government’s instructions may lead to suspension period.
- Claim allowance from your fund normally. Dealing with your fund or the benefits you receive will not change due to the pilot.
You can still use TE Office’s e-services. Your messages and information will be directed to the municipality.
You will receive guidance on jobseeking from the municipality.
Who is affected
Your services can be transferred to a local government pilot, if you live in pilot area and you are:
- under the age of 30
- an immigrant or
- your native language is other than Finnish, Swedish or Saame.
In addition, almost all those, who receive unemployment benefits from Kela and live in a pilot area, will have their services through the pilot.
The pilots will not affect people who live in monolingual municipalities and wish to have their services in Swedish as well as people who’s unemployment is short-term.
TE Office: Local government trials on employment
- Pilot in Espoo: Espoo
- Pilot in the South Ostrobothnia area: Alavus, Isojoki, Karijoki, Kurikka, Kauhajoki, Teuva, Soini
- Pilot in Helsinki: Helsinki
- Pilot in the Hämeenlinna area: Hämeenlinna, Hattula, Janakkala
- Pilot in the Joensuu area: Joensuu, Outokumpu, Liperi, Polvijärvi, Kontiolahti
- Pilot in the Jyväskylä area: Jyväskylä, Laukaa, Muurame, Äänekoski
- Pilot in Jämsä, Keuruu and Saarijärvi: Jämsä, Keuruu, Saarijärvi
- Pilot in the Kainuu area: Hyrynsalmi, Kajaani, Kuhmo, Sotkamo, Suomussalmi, Paltamo, Ristijärvi
- Pilot in the Kokkola area: Kokkola, Kannus, Perho, Kaustinen, Veteli, Halsua, Toholampi, Lestijärvi
- Pilot in the Kuopio area: Kuopio, Iisalmi, Lapinlahti, Siilinjärvi, Sonkajärvi, Vieremä
- Pilot in the Lahti area: Lahti, Hollola, Asikkala, Kärkölä, Orimattila
- Pilot in the Mikkeli area: Mikkeli, Juva, Hirvensalmi, Mäntyharju, Kangasniemi, Puumala, Pertunmaa
- Pilot in the Oulu area: Oulu, Hailuoto, Ii, Kempele, Liminka, Lumijoki, Tyrnävä, Muhos
- Pilot in Pirkanmaa: Tampere, Akaa, Hämeenkyrö, Ikaalinen, Juupajoki, Kangasala, Kihniö, Lempäälä, Mänttä-Vilppula, Nokia, Orivesi, Parkano, Pirkkala, Punkalaidun, Pälkäne, Ruovesi, Sastamala, Urjala, Valkeakoski, Vesilahti, Virrat, Ylöjärvi
- Pilot in the Pori area: Pori, Kokemäki, Ulvila
- Pilot in Porvoo: Porvoo
- Pilot in the Raahe area: Raahe, Pyhäjoki, Siikajoki
- Pilot in Raseborg and Hanko: Raseborg, Hanko
- Pilot in the Rovaniemi area: Rovaniemi, Tornio, Kemijärvi, Sodankylä
- Pilot in the Salo area: Salo, Marttila, Koski Tl
- Pilot in Savonlinna: Savonlinna
- Pilot in Seinäjoki and Ilmajoki: Seinäjoki, Ilmajoki
- Pilot in the Turku area: Turku, Laitila, Paimio, Sauvo, Uusikaupunki
- Pilot in Vantaa and Kerava: Vantaa, Kerava
- Pilot in the Ylivieska area: Ylivieska, Alavieska, Kalajoki, Merijärvi, Oulainen